This course is open to active middle school teachers in all curriculum areas. Teachers will learn how they can incorporate educational robotics into their classroom lessons, develop lesson plans appropriate to their specific curriculum area, and take a robot kit home with them at the end of the course. Teachers will also receive three graduate units (equivalent to one graduate college credit) for completing the course. Application requirements are described below.
- Application Form (download form below)
- Letter(s) of Recommendation
- Resume or CV
- Copy of Transcript for Last Degree Earned
Deadline: Early application is encouraged. Final application deadline is May 5th, 2011.
Decisions: Half of the available course spots may be filled through rolling admission as applications are received. Final decisions will be announced May 15th, 2011.
Submit applications electronically (preferred) to email@example.com or mail to
Carnegie Mellon University
Newell-Simon Hall 4627
5000 Forbes Ave.
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Letter(s) of Recommendation
Please submit a letter of recommendation from your principal or superintendent.
Letters should include commitments from school superiors indicating level of support after course completion. Examples of support would include paid release time and expenses for the teacher to attend state teacher conventions and/or present at local professional development sessions for other teachers in the district to help disseminate the information learned during the course.
Letters should include the following:
- Full contact information of principal or superintendent
- Name of the applicant they are recommending
- Number of years they have known the applicant
- Assessment of the applicant’s ability to incorporate lessons learned in the course into his or her curriculum
- Assessment of the applicant’s ability to coordinate and successfully share strategies and materials with other teachers once back home
- Any other information they think is relevant