Robot Diaries / Hummingbird Software
1. Make sure you have Java 6 or later installed on your computer. The Java website allows you to check if Java is already installed and install the latest version.
2. Install the driver for the Hummingbird by clicking the appropriate link below:
- Windows (Windows 7 users can just plug the Hummingbird into their computer and let the operating system choose the correct driver.)
- Older (32-bit) Mac
- Choose Driver
3. Install the programming software. (We will be using the new software starting Tuesday, but you can use the old software in the meantime.)
- New software - released Jan 18th, 2012
- New software - released Oct 12th, 2011
- New software - released Friday July 15th
- New software - released Thursday July 14th
- New software - released Tuesday July 12th
- Old software
1. Download PicoBoard drivers (Windows Vista/Windows 7 users can just plug the PicoBoard into their computer and let the operating system choose the correct driver.)
2. Download Scratch
3. Download some sample programs.
See the PicoBoard website to learn more about the PicoBoard.